Elcomplus team is pleased to introduce an updated version of MOTOTRBO dispatch software – SmartPTT 8.5 with the following improvements compared to the previous version.
Private voice calls and radio control via control stations in Linked Capacity Plus systems
We have added more functionality for hybrid systems, unifying control stations for voice calls and IP connection to repeaters for data operations. In addition to group calls we support private voice calls, call alert, remote monitoring, radio check, radio inhibit/uninhibit features. Hybrid systems allow cost-efficient dispatch solution for small Linked Capacity Plus and Capacity Plus systems.
Enhanced Emergency alarms display in dispatcher interface
- Emergency alarms are displayed by a specific icon on “Group” element of custom console.
- Man Down alarms are displayed on “Subscriber” element.
- Emergency alarm is also shown on the icon of a subscriber who originated the emergency.
- Emergency alarm display is now fully synchronized throughout dispatcher user interface, providing the same information in custom console elements, emergency situation panel and subscriber tree
- Radioserver records the information about emergencies (date/time, group, originator)
This makes overall control of emergency more convenient: whatever interface elements dispatcher might use, he will be timely informed about an emergency and will get full information about it.
Noise suppression and sound check
We pay much attention to sound quality in SmartPTT systems both on the dispatcher and subscriber side, and in SmartPTT 8.5 we introduced an opportunity to check quality by using a noise suppression option in the Dispatcher Console. The level of noise suppression may be set from 0 to 18 dB, thus providing more clear sound for subscribers in systems with IP connection to repeaters. In addition to this, there is an option to test audio equipment, such as a microphone, speakers, headset, and headphones. A dispatcher can record a sound with his microphone and then play it back.
New in custom consoles designer
Custom console designer now allows creating and adjusting new elements quicker and more precise, thanks to grid alignment, extended coloring options, Undo/Redo functionality.
A new “Sound notification” element was added for more convenient control over notifications
Besides, new elements and buttons were added to provide even more functions within custom consoles.
TIPRO dispatcher terminals
We have implemented support for a minimal configuration of TIPRO dispatcher terminals that consists of a PTT-handset, a keypad, and a microphone, without the original TIPRO touch screen panel. This means that such terminal can be used with any other PC, more convenient or available for a dispatcher.
Custom source for OpenStreetMap
When using OpenStreetMap, it’s now possible to choose maps from any source, for example, from a corporate server deployed in the local network.
GPS tracking over CSBK
GPS tracking over CSBK minimizes location query interval down to 7.5 seconds and increases the amount of subscribers with continuously requested GPS location data per channel. This way, the dispatcher gets more accurate information about the route of a subscriber.
Geozones for speeding rules
Specific geozone can be set for a speeding rule, so now a dispatcher can set different speed limits for different zones and get more flexible control over monitoring of subscribers’ speed.
G.729 codec support for telephone interconnect
G.729 codec is used in VoIP telephony to reduce the required bandwidth between SmartPTT radioserver and PBX. This may be important for companies that have a SmartPTT system serving a remote facility and a PBX placed in the headquarters with narrow IP channels between them.
New in Web Client
- Reports. Indoor tracking, radio activity, subscriber location, monitoring and analytics reports can be retrieved from Web Client interface without the need to install SmartPTT Dispatch Console application.
- Profiles support. Each Web Client account can have a profile assigned that defines resources and subscribers available to a dispatcher. This feature is indispensable when a radio network is used by several companies.
New in Monitoring
- Subscriber location report now contains RSSI data. RSSI information can be displayed in the report if this option is chosen. The system engineers can analyze network coverage in details based on subscriber location information.
- Monitoring view now provides data about repeater uptime.
- In case of a repeater failure text messages can be automatically sent to subscribers. Each repeater can have a list of subscribers assigned who will receive information about failures.For the full list of enhancements please visit the Release Notes.The new SmartPTT version is available for download.